Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Big Move


After many years of working from my house, and most recently, Mike's yard, I have moved into a commercial space. Frank's Trailer Works now resides at 824-D Landay Street, in East Baltimore.


The space seemed so immense when I first took possession. I knew it would be filling up quickly.


My space includes a wrap around fenced yard.


Also a dock height door in the rear. The yard is big enough that I could park 4-5 trailers with out any problem.


I put the Fan up front as my office. The coffee maker lives in there and the dinette makes a nice spot to order parts, drink my coffee, and eat my lunch. I have become a huge fan of the Fan. It is a very cozy trailer. I was in the process of setting up the dust collection in this shot.


She is a pretty little thing. Polished up she will be a real head turner.


Here the dust collection pipes are all run and Sovereign is in the service bay. The interior end caps have been sitting next to the shop. They and all the interior skins for the 64 Double Door are now neatly stowed above the bathroom


The 64 Double Door fits in with lots of room to work around her. I still have plenty of room for a woodworking area and a metal area. I am so glad to be out of the cold and off the wet ground. There will be no more days of being shut down due rain or snow.

Hope you enjoyed the quick little tour of the new FTW shop. Come on by and pay me a visit now.


13 comments:

  1. Glad you have a nice warm place to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the new space.
    tc,aka,cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank:
    Welcome to the great indoors! You deserve it. Best to you as your business takes this next step.
    Regards,
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Frank...enjoy the dry and get that coffee machine on ! Good luck with it all.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Frank!! Very cool to see your hobby becoming such a successful business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Frank! Congratulations! Now you can take it to eleven all year, rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Frank ! Enjoy the dry & get that coffee on.

    Festive best - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO happy for you Frank! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Frank! I'm envious of your new work area. Enjoy having heat and being dry. Hope your business takes off for you! Now you just need to hang a sign above the door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! I'm ready for the 25 cent tour of the entire facility while enjoying a cup of Fan coffee. It looks exceptional. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, Frank! So happy for you. Enjoy the new space and if Ace comes by remember to work on the space in the bathroom cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you leave town for a few weeks and look what happens. Congrats on the new work area! Glad to see you out of the elements. Can't wait for more picture posts of your work....

    ReplyDelete