Thursday, November 12, 2009

The traffic magneto


I swear to you, this 1957, titled as a 1958, shell of a trailer attracts more traffic than Ben Franklin's key and kite could attract lightning. Six am on the Baltimore beltway and we are crawling all the way to the Port. Good thing I was planning on going to the Port and having breakfast before hand, for It took an hour to go where it usually takes twenty minutes.
The last trailer I dropped off didn't want to get on the boat. Maybe they ran out of room on the boat. Maybe the Longshoreman were to load it, but the 9:15 break, or the 11:30- 1:00 lunch, or the 2:30 break started and they forgot to come back for it. A new boat assignment sticker is on her so maybe the next cruise will be hers.

2 comments:

  1. Frank - Those old girls look a little forlorn there, nervously waiting to leave their home shores or maybe its just the rain. Lets hope they're going to a good home on my side of the pond. Lets look on the bright side - and a restored life in Blighty.

    By the way I like the trailer world in miniature on you dash... all trailers great and small !

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the fantastic piece of work, I read few articles on this web site and I believe that your blog is really interesting and has got lots of good information. gate valve

    ReplyDelete